With COVID-19 restrictions gradually lifting across all states, we are pleased to announce a gradual return to routine surgery levels.
Patients with conditions where missed or delayed treatments could lead to adverse consequences are encouraged to prioritise their treatment.
If you are concerned about attending our day hospital, please be assured that protecting the health and wellbeing of our patients, carers, staff and doctors remains our top priority. We continue to observe strict infection control protocols and social distancing measures to ensure a safe environment for your surgery or procedure. Doctors, staff and visitors are all screened upon arrival at our day hospital.
Patients will be screened pre-operatively by phone call and again upon arrival. You will be questioned to ensure that you or your accompanying carer:
- have not returned from overseas travel or had contact with a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the last 14 days;
- are well and do not have symptoms of COVID-19 (including a temperature, cough or cold, loss or altered sense of taste or smell); and
- do not reside in and have not visited a known high-risk area.
Upon arrival, you and your carer will be asked to sign a declaration confirming that you meet all of the above requirements.
Please observe the following during your visit:
- only attend the day surgery with a maximum of one carer;
- do NOT attend earlier than your appointment time; and
- hand hygiene and social distancing requirements.
Each of our sites undertakes regular cleaning of all surfaces, with ample supplies of alcohol-based hand sanitiser available for staff and visitors.
All visitors are asked to clean their hands thoroughly with hand sanitiser on arrival. Please ensure you cover any coughs or sneezes with a tissue (and dispose of the tissue appropriately).
We appreciate your assistance in ensuring we are able to safely meet the needs of our patients. As always, we will keep you informed of any further developments. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call and speak to one of our receptionists.