Theatre and consulting facilities
RiverCity Private Hospital is a beautifully appointed, purpose-built specialist day hospital, designed to support the latest techniques and advances in care across a range of surgical specialties.
We welcome enquiries from surgeons seeking theatre sessions.
We offer visiting surgeons high-quality theatre management, with a focus on ensuring efficiencies in service through well-designed patient flows and quality systems and processes. Our theatre set-up particularly suits ophthalmic surgery, pain procedures and plastic and reconstructive surgery, but we can cater for many other surgical specialties.
RiverCity Private Hospital also offers visiting surgeons the option to consult privately. Our facilities include waiting and sub-waiting areas to provide privacy and assist with patient flow, in-house administrative support and on-site pathology services.
Our consulting suites are available for permanent sub-lease or for leasing on a sessional basis, with theatre privileges. Additional services such as reception and patient invoicing are available. Alternatively, surgeons may prefer to utilise their own practice staff.
Part of Vision Hospital Group
RiverCity Private Hospital is a part of Vision Hospital Group, an established operator of numerous day surgeries in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Queensland. Vision Hospital Group’s longstanding experience in running specialist healthcare facilities, together with its recognised quality management systems, helps to ensure optimal outcomes for all patients.
Specialties accommodated across the Vision Hospital Group network*
- Oral and maxillofacial
- General surgery
- Pain management
- Plastics and reconstructive
*Please confirm specific specialties with the individual day surgery.
Why choose RiverCity Private Hospital
- Specialist surgical equipment already set up for ophthalmic and pain management specialties (can be organised for other specialties by agreement – email us)
- Ideal operating solution for smaller/solo surgical practices
- Architect-designed for patient and surgeon comfort, as well as optimal patient flow and seamless list management
- Three fully equipped theatres and a laser suite
- Central sterile services department
- Private admission rooms
- Dedicated patient holding area
- Spacious, comfortable recovery areas
- Highly experienced, friendly administrative and specialist theatre teams (led by the on-site General Manager/Director of Nursing) ensure patient comfort and safety and efficient turnaround times
- On-site pathology
- Convenient location with ample parking and designated car spaces available for visiting surgeons
- On-site change-room facilities, including lockers
- Theatre scrub garments available in a range of sizes
- Tea/coffee facilities and light refreshments/snacks included