What to bring:
- Completed paperwork
- Medicare card
- Health fund card
- Payment (if applicable).
On the day of surgery, our admission staff will assist with completing any outstanding paperwork or financial consent details before the nursing staff commence their clinical admission. The nursing staff will also inform your carer when you will be ready to be picked up.
The following guidelines help to ensure the admission process is as smooth as possible:
- On the day of your operation, please shower or bathe and wash your hair before arriving.
- Follow the fasting instructions (if applicable).
- Take all your usual medications, unless your doctor has advised otherwise.
- Bring all medications in their original containers with you.
- If you are having eye surgery, please wash your face for 3 minutes on the morning of surgery using your usual face soap. Do NOT wear any face make-up (including face cream and mascara).
- Avoid having nail polish on your hands if possible.
- Do not wear any jewellery. You may wear your wedding band if it is difficult to remove, but leave all other valuables at home. We do not accept responsibility for lost or damaged items.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing
- Depending on your procedure, you may have to change into a hospital gown.
- Bring in any paperwork you have been asked to complete.
- If you have any existing skin abrasions, cuts, bruising or wounds, please tell the nurse on your arrival.
- Please advise the nurse on arrival if you have any problems with your mobility and require assistance.
- Ensure you have a responsible adult to accompany you home – the person accompanying you must leave a contact number and be available to pick you up when advised by nursing staff.
- If you become ill in any way before the operation, please phone your surgeon or our theatre coordinator.
We recommend you check with your health fund to confirm your level of cover. On the day of your surgery you will be required to pay any expenses not covered by your health fund. We accept cash, cheque, credit cards (excluding Diners) and EFTPOS.
Uninsured patients will be required to provide full payment on admission.