Once your surgeon has referred you to RiverCity Private Hospital, your procedure will be scheduled by our theatre booking staff.
1–3 days prior to your surgery, the patient coordinator will call you to provide important information in preparation for your procedure, including the admission and discharge process.
- Confirm your admission time
- Confirm any fasting instructions
- Explain transport and parking arrangements
- Request contact details of the person taking you home
- Confirm details of out-of-pocket payments (if applicable)
- Answer any questions you may have about your day surgery admission.
- Tell you how long you can expect to be at RiverCity Private Hospital
You may also be asked about:
- Any allergies you may have
- Recent illnesses or medical conditions
- Any current medications
Remember we are here to help, so feel free to ask any questions you may have.